Iron Advanced 30 Tablets
Iron Advanced 30 Tablets
Fusion Iron Advanced contains iron glycinate, a more readily absorbed form of iron, plus vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12 and folic acid along with vitamin C to enhance the absorption of iron from the diet.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Contains iron glycinate, an organic form of iron which is more readily absorbed than some other forms of iron (such as iron sulfate) plus vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12 and folic acid
- Gentle on the digestive system
- Includes vitamin C to aid the absorption of dietary iron
- Helps prevent dietary iron deficiency
- Supports energy levels
- Aids healthy red blood cell production
- Helps maintain haemoglobin formation
- May be beneficial for people with increased iron requirements such as women who are menstruating and vegetarians
HOW IT WORKS
Iron is involved in numerous physiological processes in the body. Most importantly, it maintains energy levels, supports healthy red blood cell production and helps with the formation of haemoglobin.
Iron for energy
Iron is important for maintaining energy levels in the body. It does this through helping with the formation of haemoglobin; a component of red blood cells that transports oxygen around the body so it can be used by the cells to produce energy. Iron also helps the body to make healthy red blood cells.
Who needs more iron?
Women have a greater need for iron than men, and according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, up to 40% of women and teenage girls aged 14-50 years are not consuming enough iron.1 Other people who may need more iron than others include vegetarians and menstruating women in the days following their period.
Where is iron found?
Iron in your diet can be found in animal-derived foods (red meat, chicken, fish, eggs), green vegetables (broccoli, spinach), nuts, seeds, lentils, beans and grains (whole wheat, brown rice). You might benefit from taking an additional iron supplement to prevent iron deficiency if you aren’t consuming these foods in sufficient quantities.
Gentle on the stomach, absorbable iron
Fusion Iron Advanced contains iron glycinate (also known as iron bisglycinate or iron (II) glycinate), which is more readily absorbed than some other forms of iron, such as iron sulfate. It also includes vitamin C, which helps increase the absorption of dietary iron.
Iron glycinate is gentle on the digestive system and is a generally well-tolerated form of iron.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics, Food Standards Australia New Zealand. Australian health survey: usual nutrient intakes 2011-12. Commonwealth of Australia, 2015.
HOW TO USE
- Adults: Take 1 tablet once a day, or as professionally prescribed.
Each tablet contains:
|Iron (as iron (II) glycinate)||24mg|
|Thiamine hydrochloride (vitamin B1)||25mg|
|Riboflavin (vitamin B2)||15mg|
|equiv. to pyridoxine (vitamin B6)||20.6mg|
|Folic acid||500 micrograms|
|Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12)||500 micrograms|
|Ascorbic acid (vitamin C)||50mg|
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
No added artificial flavours or preservatives, yeast, gluten, wheat, nuts, dairy or animal products.
WARNINGS AND STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your health professional before use. Vitamins and minerals can only be of assistance when dietary intake is inadequate. Not for the treatment of iron deficiency conditions. Suitable for vegetarians and vegans. No added artificial flavours or preservatives, yeast, gluten, wheat, nuts, dairy or animal products. Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.