Bioglan Medlab SB 5B 30vc
Bioglan Medlab SB 5B 30vc
Saccharomyces cerevisiae ssp. boulardii (SB) is a beneficial probiotic yeast that helps to maintain gastrointestinal function and integrity by supporting a healthy gut microbial profile; by increasing the production of secretory IgA (sIgA), short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs) and helping to promote the activity of brush border disaccharide enzymes. SB has demonstrated efficacy in relieving diarrhoea severity and duration in both adults and children due to various triggers. SB assists in supporting healthy immune function and may help to reduce inflammatory mediators in the gastrointestinal tract.
- May assist in the management of medically diagnosed irritable bowel syndrome.
- For the symptomatic relief of medically diagnosed irritable bowel syndrome.
- Helps maintain healthy digestive function.
- Aids, assists or helps in the maintenance or improvement of general well-being.
- Relief or treatment of diarrhoea.
- Aids digestion.
- Treatment of mild digestive disorders.
- Assists in the management of mild digestive disturbances including bloating, flatulence and digestive discomfort.
- May be used as a prophylactic for, or to support the relief of symptoms of infectious, antibiotic associated and traveller's diarrhoea.
- Helps to support healthy immune function.
- Saccharomyces boulardii may competitively inhibit the binding of Candida albicans to the gastrointestinal mucosa.
- May help to reduce inflammatory mediators originating in the gastrointestinal tract.
- May assismulating secretion of disaccharidase brush border enzymes - sucrase, lactase and maltase assisting in the digestion and absorption of associated dietary compounds.
- Saccharomyces boulardii aids in the stimulation of secretory IgA release in the gastrointestinal tract that then targets potential pathogens.
- Saccahromyces boulardii produces protein digesting enzymes (protease) that has shown in in vitro studies the ability to degrade/destroy Clostridium difficile toxin A and B.
- In vitro research demonstrates that Saccharomyces boulardii can block pathogen toxin receptor sites or can act as a decoy receptor for pathogenic toxins.
- Saccharomyces boulardii assists in preservation of tight junctions between enterocytes and colonocytes that may help to reduce gut permeability and the translocation of bacteria from the gut lumen to the blood stream.
- Research has demonstrated that when giving Saccharomyces boulardii at the same time as antibiotics that the normal microbiota is re-established more rapidly than when antibiotics are given without Saccharomyces boulardii.
- Saccharomyces boulardii increases the production of short chain fatty acids that function as signalling molecules to the body.
Each vegetarian capsule contains:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae ssp. boulardii
5 bill CFU
Calcium hydrogen phosphate
- If diarrhoea persists for more than 6 hours in infants under 6 months, 12 hours in children under 3 years, 24 hours in children aged 3-6 years or 48 hours in adults and children over 6 years, seek medical advice.
- If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
SB has shown to be well tolerated in adults when taken orally for up to 15 month’s duration. It can cause flatulence in some people. Infrequent cases of fungaemia have been reported in case reports but only in patients with serious diseases in which they have been hospitalised. SB has shown to be well tolerated in children when taken orally appropriately. However, a healthcare practitioner should evaluate diarrhoea in children before using SB 5B™.
Medications for fungal infections (i.e. dicflonac) interact with and reduce the therapeutic effectiveness of SB due to SB being a yeast.